Are you a good fit for CRE’s Community Advisory Circle?
We are looking for:
- Passionate alumni
- Key stakeholders
- Community members
- Elders and
- Knowledge Keepers
- Excited to help inform CRE practices and ensure that our values are aligned with community priorities.
If you are any of the above, you’d be a great fit for our Community Advisory Circle and we would love to read your application!
Why is a Community Advisory Circle essential for CRE’s work?
The purpose of the Community Advisory Circle (CAC) is to strengthen CRE’s programs and services through a governance system that is based on Indigenous governance teachings and rooted in community accountability. The CAC will make recommendations on matters that impact the experiences of communities and youth. This advice is crucial for CRE’s Board of Directors (BoD) as they set the goals and direction of the organization.
- Providing advice to CRE & the Board;
- Supporting the development of CRE’s strategic plans;
- Reviewing CRE’s annual plans;
- Providing feedback to CRE directors & the Board on program charters, including highlighting gaps or necessary enhancements, ensuring programs are in line with Indigenous knowledge and practices, and ensuring programs are relevant to the communities they are serving;
- Working collaboratively and positively to support CRE growth & program delivery;
- Respecting other CAC members’ perspectives and holding space for all voices at the table;
- Representing voices from community members who do not sit as part of the circle;
- Working thoughtfully and purposefully toward building consensus; and
- Attending all scheduled meetings wherever possible.