Our Community Advisory Circle (CAC) will help strengthen CRE’s programs and services through a governance system that is based on Indigenous governance teachings and rooted in community accountability. The CAC will make recommendations on matters that impact the experiences of communities and youth. This advice is crucial for CRE’s Board of Directors (BOD) as they set the goals and direction of the organization.
- Providing advice to CRE & the Board;
- Supporting the development of CRE’s strategic plans;
- Reviewing CRE’s annual plans;
- Providing feedback to CRE directors & the Board on program charters, including highlighting gaps or necessary enhancements, ensuring programs are in line with Indigenous knowledge and practices, and ensuring programs are relevant to the communities they are serving;
- Working collaboratively and positively to support CRE growth & program delivery;
- Respecting other CAC members’ perspectives and holding space for all voices at the table;
- Representing voices from community members who do not sit as part of the circle;
- Working thoughtfully and purposefully toward building consensus; and
- Attending all scheduled meetings wherever possible.