For immediate release:
November 7th, 2022
Gore Mutual is one of Canada’s first property and casual insurers. With offices in Cambridge, Toronto, and Vancouver, Gore Mutual is a Canadian mutual company that offers competitive insurance products through trusted broker partners. Gore Mutual’s purpose is “insurance that does good” and we’re excited to partner with them to increase the capacity of our CREation Community Grants program.
The CREation Community Grants program is a multi-level funding program that aims to support Indigenous youth groups and grassroots collectives that seek to create impactful community change and foster wellness amongst their peers and communities.
“Through the CREation Community Grants Program, CRE partners with Indigenous youth and grassroots collectives to create programming that is reflective of their wishes for the future, and the change they hope to see in their communities. This investment will allow CRE to continue to support and uplift their good work.”Hillory Tenute, Executive Director, Canadian Roots Exchange
“Investing in innovative solutions for systemic issues, led by those with lived experience is core to our focus. We are proud to partner with Canadian Roots Exchange to empower 250 Indigenous youth in achieving positive change that responds to the systematic service gaps and barriers that impact Indigenous communities.”Gaby Polanco-Sorto, Senior Vice-President, Purpose and Sustainability, Gore Mutual
With this investment, CREation will:
- Fund six projects with grants between $2,500-$5,000
- Provide 12 Indigenous youth with leadership opportunities to run a community project and build skills around project administration, facilitation, evaluation, and community engagement
- Support projects to reach 250 youth through community programming
- Host 4 capacity building workshops on Evaluation 101, Working with Funder, Program Design/Development, and Social Media Promotion
- Host a 1-panel session where Indigenous youth project leaders will share learnings, promising practices, and challenges
We look forward to continuing to build on this new partnership and to be able to continue to provide granting opportunities to Indigenous youth groups & grassroots collectives.
For more information, contact:
Manager of Strategic Communications