What is CRE?
CRE is a national Indigenous charity founded by university students, and over the past decade, we have convened tens of thousands of Indigenous and non-Indigenous youth for dialogue, understanding, and relationship building. Our mission is to empower young people to be changemakers in their community and work towards achieving truth and reconciliation in their lifetime. A vision of a reconciled Canada is only possible through collective action and impact, so CRE’s contribution to this goal is programming centred on the tenets of 1) self-determination, 2) capacity building, 3) solidarity, and 4) networking.
What is the opportunity?
The Audit and Finance Committee is a standing committee of CRE’s Board of Directors composed of both board members and external community volunteers. CRE is a growing organization, and this committee is responsible for helping to ensure a sustainable and resilient financial future for CRE. To this end, the Committee recommends financial strategies, plans, and policies to the Board of Directors for approval and provides advice and guidance to the Chief Operating Officer and other CRE staff.
The Committee meets 5 times per fiscal year to review and recommend the annual business plan and budget to the Board, support the audit process, review and recommend audited financial statements to the Board, review and amend policies, and evaluate and set fundraising and investment goals. Meetings are held virtually and typically in May, July, September, November, and February.
Who are you?
At CRE, we believe in recruiting volunteers that reflect the composition of our staff and the communities that we work with, so our priorities are individuals who identify as First Nations, Métis, Inuit, People of Colour, 2SLGBTQIA+, and/or having lived experience with disabilities. As an external community volunteer on the Audit and Finance Committee, you are:
● Committed to the implementation of the 94 Calls to Action and 231 Calls to Justice in your personal and professional lives.
● Bring professional experience with accounting, financial management, and/or impact investing and ideally hold a CA, CPA, CAFM, or CFA designation.
● Knowledgeable and passionate about finances and are excited to share your expertise
A nice to have is experience with business development and building out new revenue streams
Why get involved?
● Give back to your community and support youth
● Support truth, reconciliation, and decolonization in Canada
● Leadership experience in an organization with a national impact
● Gain or sharpen your executive-level decision making and leadership skills
● Build your network
● Advance your career
● Have fun and change lives
How do you apply?
You can apply through this Google Form by September 26th at midnight PST. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about our mission and values and whose experience aligns with the identified skill sets.