- This event has passed.
Indigenous Youth Policy Hackathon: Distinctions-Based Health Legislation 1/2
November 5 @ 12:00 pm - November 7 @ 4:00 pm EDT
A Policy Hackathon is an event where teams are given a case study outlining a policy problem, and given a limited amount of time to come up with policy solutions to that problem.
Their recommendations are then evaluated by a panel of judges, and a winner is declared. By their nature and structure, Policy Hackathons create space for imagining innovative policy solutions while also building people’s capacity to work in the policy field.
- Learn about policy in a safe, supportive learning environment!
- Meet other Indigenous youth interested in policy and governance!
- Build your capacity in critical analysis and change-making when it comes to reconciliation!
- Impact and contribute to the development of real legislation
- Friday, November 5th: 12pm to 4pm (EST)
- Saturday, November 6th: 12pm to 4pm (EST)
- Sunday, November 7th: 12pm to 4pm (EST)
- Saturday, November 13th: 12pm to 4pm (EST)
- Sunday, November 14th: 12pm to 4pm (EST)
Successful applicants will be provided with:
- A welcome package (some exciting goodies delivered right to your door)
- A learners package (to help you get prepared for the hackathon)
- Lunch stipends ($25.00 for each of the 5 program days)
- Honouraria for your time and expertise
- $1,000.00 per 1st place team member
- $750.00 per 2nd place team member
- $500.00 per 3rd, 4th and 5th place team members
- Access to CREs Policy Alumni Network upon completion of the program