Sharing Circle: Distinctions- Based Health Legislation (Eastern)
October 6 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm EDT
Sharing circles create a safe space for participants to share their perspectives and will allow participants to speak freely about their experiences. The structure of these sessions will ensure that others are listening, allowing for participants to take the lead in developing the direction of the circle, thus giving a sense of empowerment and trust within the circle.
Most importantly, this approach emphasizes story-telling, a practice that is so highly valued amongst Indigenous cultures.
The themes of each circle will focus on:
- Experiences with the current health systems, and best practices for navigating the current system, and
- Imagining alternatives to the current health system, and/or how to transform/decolonize the current health system to better reflect the needs of Indigenous youth.
More details will be shared with participants one week before the circle. Each youth participant will receive an honorarium of $150.00 for their participation in the engagements.
We hope that you will be able to join us.
- Eastern (NL, NS, NB, PEI, QC) : Wednesday, October 6, 2021 (4:00-6:00PM EST)
- Central (MB, SK, ON): Wednesday, October 20, 2021 (4:00-6:00PM CST)
- Northern (YT, NT, NU, Northern Provinces- *see this link for breakdown): Wednesday, November 3, 2021 (4:00-6:00PM CST)
- Western (BC, AB): Wednesday, November 17, 2021 (4:00-6:00PM PST)
*Please note there is limited space, however a waitlist will be available and if required, a supplementary survey will be sent to ensure as many voices as possible are heard throughout this process. If you have any questions about which to join, please do not hesitate to contact us via email email@example.com
Sign Up Now!