UNDRIP Action Plan – Policy Hackathon Weekend 2
November 5 @ 12:00 pm - November 6 @ 4:00 pm EDT
When it comes to creating an action plan to achieve the objectives of UNDRIP, it is crucial to create space for Indigenous youth to share their perspectives and priorities.
Over the next few months, CRE will be hosting five virtual sharing circles, an in-person forum in Iqaluit, Nunavut in partnership with Ivviulutit, and a virtual policy hackathon designed to ensure just that.
- The only requirement is that folks identify as Indigenous (First Nation, Metis, and/or Inuit) and are between the ages of 18 and 29.
- Participants do not need to have a background or knowledge related to UNDRIP. However, to help you feel prepared for the engagements we have put together a growing resource list that you can find here.
What is a Policy Hackathon?
A Policy Hackathon is an event where teams are given a case study outlining a policy problem, and given a limited amount of time to come up with policy solutions to that problem.
Their recommendations are then evaluated by a panel of judges, and a winner is declared. By their nature and structure, Policy Hackathons create space for imagining innovative policy solutions while also building people’s capacity to work in the policy field.
With a strict time limit and a diversity of backgrounds and experiences among the participants, teams can have a “sky’s the limit” conversation about solutions, resulting in surprising and creative policy recommendations.
- Weekend 1
- Friday, October 28th: 12 PM to 4 PM (EST)
- Saturday, October 29th: 12 PM to 4 PM (EST)
- Sunday, October 30th: 12 PM to 4 PM (EST)
- Weekend 2
- Saturday, November 5th: 12 PM to 4 PM (EST)
- Sunday, November 6th: 12 PM to 4 PM (EST)
- Closing Engagement
- Wednesday, November 9th: 6 PM to 8 PM (EST)
- A welcome gift (some exciting goodies delivered right to your door)
- A learners package (to help you get prepared for the hackathon)
- Lunch stipends ($25.00 for each of the 5 program days)
- Honoraria for your time and expertise
- $1,000.00 per 1st place team member
- $750.00 per 2nd place team member
- $500.00 per 3rd, 4th and 5th place team members
- Access to CREs Policy Alumni Network upon completion of the program
Deadline to apply
October 2nd, 2022
Please note that if the hackathon is full, you will be added to a waitlist and contacted if a space becomes available.