Following the success of our Youth Reconciliation Initiative and with additional funding, CRE is launching its Junior Reconciliation Initiative. As a pilot program, CRE is seeking to launch a week-long leadership camp for Indigenous and non-Indigenous youth aged 14-17 in the following communities: Edmonton, Lethbridge, Saskatoon, and Thunder Bay. These camps will take place during the respective spring break in your community.
Modelled off the National Youth Reconciliation Initiative, these Youth Leadership camps will support youth in the following ways:
• Increase understanding and knowledge of both Canadian and Indigenous histories
• Increase understanding of Reconciliation and Indigenous Rights
• Develop youth leadership and confidence in public speaking, facilitation and more.
• Engage in Land-based and culturally relevant programming with local communities
• Meet and interact with other youth leaders who care about making a change in their community and have fun!
March 16-20: Thunder Bay
March 23-27: Edmonton
April 14-18: Lethbridge
April 14-18: Saskatoon
Email email@example.com for more information!