Grounded Communities engages youth leaders (aged 18-29) from across the country, building a national network of youth working to realize their own visions of reconciliation, community building, and solidarity between BIPOC folks.
The first phase of this project involves youth participation in an intensive orientation, learning and training retreat, and the creation of a solidarity-focused workshop.
During the second phase of this project, youth teams will have the opportunity to implement the solidarity-focused workshop in their communities. We will also provide ongoing spaces for youth to practice their facilitation skills, plan local events, and stay connected.
What to Look Forward to:
- Youth leaders will participate in an intensive orientation, learning, and training retreat which will take place in person in the first week of March 2023. The retreat will be approximately five days long.
- During the training retreat, youth will participate in workshops and sessions on reconciliation, decolonization, facilitation, and cross-cultural education, as well as Indigenous histories, cultures, and worldviews.
- Participants will work together to develop a solidarity-focused workshop.
- Leaders will work together to develop tools and action plans for the second phase of the project.
- Honoraria will be provided to participants
For more information, contact:
Solidarity Programming Manager