CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR #LANDBACKLEADERS WRITING CONTEST!
Do you enjoy writing? Would you like your work to be published and shared online?
CRE is looking for submissions from Indigenous youth to include in our new online journal!
We are looking for Indigenous youth (18-29) from coast to coast to coast to submit an opinion piece on your feelings about the recent Canadian Federal Election.
This can mean:
- Expressing how you feel about the outcome;
- What you are hoping to see from the next Government of Canada;
- Or anything else you’d like to write about which fits the topic (contact information below if you’re not sure if your piece fits)!
What can your piece look like?
- Your piece can be in essay style;
- Or a poem;
- Or a story;
- Or in any style you wish – we are looking for submissions from folks with all different kinds of backgrounds and are not just looking for academic writing pieces!
What we need from you:
- A filled out application form (below);
- Your piece of writing which meets the following criteria:
- Written by you;
- 1-3 pages or 1500 words maximum;
- .pdf format (attach to the application form below);
- Is not currently published elsewhere;
- Has sources listed, if needed (cited in your piece is okay!).
What you’ll get:
If your piece is selected for this publication you will:
- Receive $500! and;
- A hard copy of the journal issue.
What you need to know:
- The deadline to submit your piece is October 29, 2021;
- We will be publishing 20 pieces from different folks in this edition;
- You will be contacted by CRE to let you know the status of your submission regardless of outcome.
Do you want to write for our journal but this topic doesn’t interest you? Or are you worried about not being selected for this edition? We’ll also be having another call for submissions in the New Year with a new topic and you are welcome to submit to more than one call!
If you have questions, concerns, trouble with the application or attaching your submission – or if you’re not sure if what you want to write about will fit the topic – please contact:
Tija Hauta, Policy & Research Coordinator
This program is currently not taking any applications at the moment.